Wednesday, October 6, 2010

And The Winning Numbers Are..... (Drumroll Please)

4... 7..... 2... 472 Perfectly imperfect babies!!! I finally counted my SL's! Why did it take me almost a month? Counting all those tiny little things seemed like such a daunting task that I did not know where to start, besides going to school (Nursing) and working full time left, well, no time for me to do this! And then lo and behold, I got a day OFF, No school, No work! The perfect opportunity presented itself, my scalp was itching, it was hot, so it was sweaty and I said to myself "Self, how about a wash and a count?" That's exactly what I did, I braided, I banded, I washed then I COUNTED!
This is actually the second wash that I've done since my installation on 9/15 (click here for install pics) , and it took about an hour to complete the process! Although I want to leave my hair alone to do its thing, the itching gets out of control and I believe that I mentioned that in my last post. I was given the suggestion to dilute Seabreeze with water (1/2 and 1/2) and spray on my scalp, I am going to try and see if that will help. I really would like to wait to wash my hair again right before my retightening on 10/19.

Thankfully, I have not had much slippage. Some of the locks at my nape have come undone, I believe this is due more to the texture of my hair (my hair is very soft in the back of my head), then the washing... Another culprit could be my colorful scarves and headbands, I am trying to lay off those, too! Other than that my babies are doing great, haven't noticed any major changes, although my parts are disappearing, maybe I'll notice more after my reti. Looking forward to my one month anniversary.. Yay ME!!! :-O


Stay blessed and come back soon,
Mondy, SL'd 2+ Weeks





2 comments:

  1. My consultant advised 3 parts SB and 1 part water and it really helped with the itchies!! She also advised me, that for the first few months, to isolate my hair (braid or curl it) before spraying your scalp. The less slippage the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to count mine...but i think i'll wait till i get some length LOL

    ReplyDelete